“Just keep breathing”
That was the reply of a 106 year old veteran when asked about the secret of longevity.
It was a good reply, but to stay in business you need to do more than just keep breathing.
We have seen a number of businesses get started with a website then just sit and wait for orders.
If you sit still in business you are really going backwards if your competitors move forward.
- Compare your prices with competitors.
- Provide a phone number to answer customers’ questions.
- Provide easy options for customer to order and pay for your products.
- If there is a delivery charge, show it clearly. Don’t rely on customers to phone you to find out what it is.
- Provide an ABN or ACN to show you are legitimate.
- Provide clear descriptions or pictures of products.
- Regularly check your ranking in search engines.
You need to do more than just ‘keep breathing.’